Whether you are running a large or small business, it is important to have the proper space to do your job. Business files and records take up lots of office space. For items like this, that you do not access often, business storage makes sense. Read on to discover all the ways business storage units can make your life easier.
Why Business Storage?
Businesses, both big and small, often require storage solutions for a variety of reasons. Whether you are an e-commerce business with seasonal inventory fluctuations, a contractor with specialized equipment, or a lawyer needing to securely store confidential documents, self-storage offers many benefits. In this article, we will discuss the advantages of business storage, what types of items can be stored, how to choose a self-storage facility, and best practices for maintaining a secure and clean storage space.
One of the biggest advantages of business storage is the cost savings. Renting a storage unit can greatly outweigh the cost of relocating to a larger location. With month-to-month rentals, you can plan for seasonal events and changes without being committed to a long-term contract.
Businesses can store a wide range of items in self-storage units, from documents and office supplies to equipment, inventory, and even vehicles. Storage units come in a variety of sizes, from small 5’ by 5’ units to larger 10’ by 30’ units for warehousing needs. Most commercial customers opt for drive-up storage units, which offer the convenience of car-side loading and unloading.
Things to Consider
When choosing a self-storage facility, it is important to consider factors such as location, price, and security. Look for a facility that is conveniently located near your business, and check for any move-in promotions or discounts. Consider the security features of the facility, such as surveillance cameras, secure PIN access, and well-lit areas. Make sure the facility is clean and well-maintained.
Proper packing and organization are key to maximizing the space in your storage unit. Use sturdy boxes and label them clearly. Consider shelving units to make the most of vertical space, and use furniture covers to protect items such as chairs and couches. It is also important to maintain a secure and clean storage space. Keep the area around your storage unit free of clutter, and regularly check for any signs of damage or pests.
Business storage is a cost-effective solution for businesses of all types and sizes. With the ability to store a wide range of items and the flexibility of month-to-month rentals, self-storage offers many benefits. When choosing a self-storage facility, consider location, price, and security, and make sure to properly pack and organize your items for maximum space efficiency. By following best practices for maintaining a secure and clean storage space, you can ensure that your business storage needs are met with ease and convenience.
Who Needs Business Storage?
Having adequate space is crucial for any business, but not all companies have the luxury of expanding their facilities. This is where self-storage facilities come in, providing a cost-effective solution for businesses in need of extra space. The question is not who needs business storage, but rather who doesn’t.
- Professional offices, such as medical practices and law firms, are required to keep files and records for several years, which can take up valuable office space. Storing these documents in a self-storage unit provides a secure and organized solution, freeing up office space for its intended purpose. Unused office equipment can also be stored in a storage unit, minimizing clutter and maximizing productivity.
- Restaurants that have seasonal patios can store their furniture in a self-storage unit during the off-season, protecting it from damage and ensuring it is ready for the next summer. Caterers and restaurants also utilize storage units for storing banquet equipment.
- Retail shops often face space constraints, particularly during peak seasons. Back inventory can be stored in a self-storage unit, allowing for efficient management of retail space.
- Home service contractors, such as plumbers and landscapers, often store their tools, parts, and equipment in a storage unit, protecting them from theft and vandalism. Manufacturers can also benefit from storing their products until they are ready for shipping.
- Independent sellers, such as Etsy creators and eBay resellers, can prevent their inventory from taking over their personal space by storing it in a self-storage unit. Some facilities also offer mailing, shipping, and receiving services.
- Sales and pharmaceutical representatives can keep their sample products in a self-storage unit, particularly those with climate control to keep products stable during extreme temperatures.
- Real estate agents and home stagers can store extra furniture in a storage unit for staging purposes, as well as signs, brochures, and other materials essential in completing a sale.
Features and Amenities to Look For
When looking for a storage facility, the features and amenities to consider will vary depending on what you plan to store and how frequently you need to access your unit. However, there are some important factors to consider. Firstly, cleanliness is crucial, and a good facility should be clean, modern and inviting, with all high-traffic areas cleaned and sanitized regularly. Climate-controlled units are also important for items such as pharmaceuticals, antiques, furniture and electronics, which need to be protected from humidity, heat and cold extremes. For frequent access, drive-up storage units provide car-side access, and indoor storage can provide extra protection from the elements. Parking is also a consideration, especially for work trucks or equipment, and secure gated options are available at many facilities. Access hours and account management options should also be considered, with many facilities offering secure, online account transactions, bill pay and account history. Security measures such as pest and rodent protection and fire suppression systems are also important. Finally, facilities that sell moving supplies such as boxes and tape can help keep your business organized and provide backup shipping supplies.
Committed To Your Satisfaction
BC Storage cares about our customers. We commit ourselves to delivering a clean, cost-effective, and convenient commercial equipment storage in Nashville, TN. With our competitive pricing, you can drive a little and save a lot!
We have locations throughout central Tennessee. No matter where you are in the state, our storage solutions are only a short drive away! With unit types such as climate control and vehicle storage, you’ll find what you need. BC Storage has a storage solution for every storage situation.